Monday, February 6, 2012

Red State (movie review)





Rated 4 of 5 stars

A strange movie to review, wasn't going to see it at all until I saw a Kevin Smith show & he made it sound a lot more interesting than the synopsis did, so I gave it a chance & am glad I did. Original in its way, almost too real, not all all horror or thriller either really, just an action film with a ton of killing, including innocent teens and not so innocent adults. Terrifying on both sides of the fence, the church cult and the govt. authority entitlement to kill "witnesses" who might make them look bad! I really wanted to see those people pay so the ending wasn't satisfying to me overall. Goodman's character was the only one to follow through to the end, for those who complained about not knowing who to root for (really?!). At least the cops weren't torturing teens/people before killing them; not that any killing in this was justifiable really. I recommend seeing this, not worth the buy however.

No comments:

Post a Comment