Sunday, October 9, 2011

Review of Janeane Garofalo: Live in Seattle

Janeane Garofalo: Live in Seattle
I've always loved her comedy, sarcasm, wit, even her politics, and especially her way of viewing the world. She's often been brash, abrasive, even depressing but in a funny way. I couldn't wait to see this. Unfortunately I didn't even recognize her physically--she's still doing fat jokes when she's nearly anorexic, & her face is totally different! Her comedy wasn't HER either, in fact I'd say this was an impostor if so many others hadn't recognized her despite all this. Where did our Janeane go??? I had one laugh, spent more time wondering when she would warm up, then checking how much longer to go, even tempted to just shut it off, but I didn't believe she wouldn't rally eventually until it was over & I felt & feel very cheated. Portman & Theron's poop, really Janeane??? That was the best you could come up with? Time to get a real job then & leave the stage to real comics. Sorry, the truth hurts, very sad.

1 comment:

  1. My friends and I turned it off after 20 mins of not a laugh. We also had high expectations and were very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete