Friday, December 16, 2011

Review: Norm MacDonald: Me Doing Stand-Up


Norm MacDonald: Me Doing Stand-Up
You rated this movie: 5 of 5 Stars
Wow, glad I took a chance on this one, definitely near the level of Hicks & this is my 1st exposure to this comedian. His delivery & style is so endearing, people saying he stumbles around with his bits don't remember Columbo, or similar characters who intentionally use that style to disarm & humor others. I love his humble posing, his seeming to think things up on the spot rather than referring to a written set list. Without a doubt he KNEW his material, and delivered it in the perfect way, a very dry & ironic humor that reminds me of the best in Hicks, Stanhope, & early Carlin. I highly recommend this to anyone into comedy & into laughing at the darkest subjects. I'd even buy this one because one will want to see it more than once or even twice, not to mention sharing it with friends or at parties. A definite winner, and not a single swear if that's an issue for you (none of it bothers me, lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment